2. What personal data does BOW Community Robotics Collect: BOW Community Robotics collects the following personal data for the uses explained in section 4: Name, mailing address, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, race, ethnicity, employer, your affiliations with FIRST Strategic Alliances, FIRST Alumni status, FIRST program history, secondary or emergency contacts, and credit card information. For youth participants, we also collect data on free or reduced lunch eligibility, grade in school, graduation data, school name, and school identification number. (BOW Community Robotics does not collect race or ethnicity data from residents of the European Union.)
3. How does BOW Community Robotics collect the data: We collect data when you provide it to us directly or indirectly through a third party and by “cookies” (as described in section 8, below). You may provide certain data to us when you: (a) subscribe to our newsletter; (b) send e-mail messages, submit forms, or transmit other information by telephone or letter; (c) order products; (d) apply for a grant through a third-party vendor; (e) complete a paper and/or online consent and release form; and/or (l) make a donation to BOW Community Robotics. When you engage in certain activities on any of our Sites, we may ask you to provide data by filling out and submitting an online form. Depending upon the activity, some of the data may be mandatory and some may be voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you may not be able to engage in that activity.
4.How does BOW Community Robotics use the data: By entering personal data into BOW Community Robotics Sites or providing it to BOW Community Robotics (directly or indirectly through third parties), you agree to allow BOW Community Robotics to collect and use the data for the following purposes: a.To register you as a BOW Community Robotics participant or volunteer. b. To communicate with you as a participant in BOW Community Robotics programs: BOW Community Robotics uses personal data to communicate with you about our program information and related opportunities. c. To use emergency for accidents or medical needs. d. To process transactions: BOW Community Robotics uses personal data to engage in interactions with you including to communicate with you about your registration status, payment of team registration, processing of sponsorship information, newsletter subscriptions, event information and to process orders, registration fees or donations. e. To solicit donations for BOW Community Robotics or other FIRST organizations. f. To apply for grants on behalf of BOW Community Robotics.
5. How long does BOW Community Robotics retain data: BOW Community Robotics will retain your data for as long as needed or permitted to fulfill the purposes and uses described in this Policy. When we no longer need your data, and there is no need to keep it to comply with our legal obligations or protect our legal rights, we will either delete it from our systems or depersonalize it so we can’t identify you.
7. How does BOW Community Robotics protect information: You may opt to display personal data in community-based sites such as Forums, Team/Event Finders and social media sites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked-In, Snapchat, Twitch). Personal data submitted to these areas can be read, collected, or used by other users, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal data you choose to submit in these public areas. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal data, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet that are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our Sites cannot be guaranteed; and, (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
10. How you can rectify incorrect information: You request changes or updates to personal data you provide to us in writing through our email email@example.com. Please include your name, address, e-mail address, and/or phone number when you contact us regarding an update or correction to data. We reserve the right to confirm your identity before updating or correcting personal data. We encourage you to promptly update your personal data if it ever changes.
11. How you can opt-out of receiving communications: We may, from time to time, use your name or email to send you information regarding our programs, services and related opportunities as outlined in section 4. If you do not wish to receive email from BOW Community Robotics you may “opt-out” of receiving these communications by exercising your right to “opt out” by sending us an email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may remove you from our mailing list.
BOW Community Robotics P. O. Box 1565 Matthews, NC 28106